Friday, July 28, 2006

Fear not the inbox

Surprisingly, my e-mail inbox hasn't posed much of an overwhelming prospect for me. Currently, there are two messages in my inbox waiting for me to follow up on. That's all. But I know many struggle against the overflowing tide of 'gotta-get-to-it' messages that serve as menacing reminders of disorganization and discouragement everytime the inbox is opened. For you, I give you yet another gem from 43 Folders: The fresh start. It is by no means a cure-all, but it might just help you to get in a better tackling position.

Although, as one friend has told me, you need to be careful of the batch delete once you start wading through those pesky inbox fillers.

4 Comments:

Blogger earthchick said...

Dude. I totally have to buy this guy's book.

Though I must admit that reading his blog has now become just another way I procrastinate.

As the person who unwittingly batch-deleted my whole DMZ, I have to say it was probably a blessing in disguise. Perhaps I will market it as a productivity tip. Can't get any work done because your inbox is too full? Delete! Can't deal with the pile of papers on your desk? Toss!

3:00 PM  
Blogger earthchick said...

Er. Why does your thing still say 0 comments?

[not that I'm checking obsessively to see if mine is showing up or anything]

3:01 PM  
Blogger earthchick said...

Hey! Hitting refresh really does help.

Der.

3:01 PM  
Blogger yakmidi said...

Yet another productivity tip from the earthchick: hit refresh! You're on to something!

3:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home